|View File||Annex A - Manager I (Accounting and Finance)|
Vacancy Brief Description
1. The Director for Corporate Services, Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs and Trade invites applications for the post of Manager I (Accounting and Finance) in the Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs and Trade.
2.1 This appointment is subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months .
2.2 During the probationary/trial period, appointees must successfully complete appropriate induction programmes organised by the Institute for the Public Services to be eligible for confirmation of appointment.
2.3 The salary for the post of Manager I (Accounting and Finance) is Salary Scale 10, which in the year 2022 is €21,950 per annum, rising by annual increments of €407.67 up to a maximum of €24,396.
2.4 A Manager I in Salary Scale 10 will progress to Salary Scale 9 (€23,353 x €447.33 - €26,037 in 2022) on completion of two (2) years service as Manager I in Salary Scale 10, subject to satisfactory performance.
2.5 A Manager I in Salary Scale 9 will progress to Salary Scale 8 (€24,845 x €486.83- €27,766 in 2022) on completion of five (5) years service as Manager I in Salary Scale 9, subject to satisfactory performace.
2.6 A Manager I in Salary Scale 8 will progress to Salary Scale 7 (€26,438 x €531.17 - €29,625 in 2022) on completion of three (3) years service as Manager I in Salary Scale 8, subject to satisfactory performance.
2.7 The appointees shall also be entitled to an annual performance bonus of up to 10% of the basic salary subject to satisfactory performance and subject to Central Administration’s policies in force from time to time.
a) Appointees will also be entitled to such other benefits and such other conditions and obligations as stipulated in the Working Conditions for Officers Within the Management Stream for Qualified Personnel.
2.8 Accepting appointment in this grade signifies that any pending applications within the Public Service are automatically considered renounced, unless the latter are applications for SAAC positions or applications for a definite position when the officer concerned holds an indefinite appointment.
2.9 Lateral applications by public officers who already hold an appointment in the same grade being advertised are allowed only if the area of specialisation of the vacancy is different to the one held by the applicant and requires a specific related qualification as an eligibility requirement, which the applicant must satisfy.
- Appointees within the Managerial/Officer/Practitioners streams must have served in their current post, and are to serve in this post, for a minimum of two (2) years before applying laterally. This is not applicable for promotion purposes, subject to the pertinent eligibility criteria.
- All other officers must be confirmed in appointment, and are to serve in this post for a minimum of two (2) years, before applying laterally. The latter condition is not applicable for promotion purposes.
2.10 It will not be possible to request a transfer before a two (2) year period from date of appointment. On the lapse of a two (2) year period, appointees may only be transferred at own request to carry out duties elsewhere in Accounting and Finance, in accordance with established vacancies.
2.11 The result will be valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of publication.
3. The job duties for the post of Manager I (Accounting and Finance) may be viewed in Annex A attached to this Circular.
4.1 By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
Public Officers, or Public Sector employees performing duties in the Malta Public Service, or RSSL employees, who are confirmed in their current appointment. Public Officers who are on loan/detailed with/deployed with/on attachment to Public Sector organisations may also apply;
in possession of a recognised Bachelor's degree at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits or equivalent*) in Accountancy or Business Management or Business Administration or Economics or Banking and Finance or a recognized comparable professional qualification at MQF Level 6 in Accountancy.
* In the absence of documentary evidence as to the ECTS/ECVET credits or other system of measuring the course content, the selection board is to evaluate the submitted programme of study and determine that it is comparable to 180 ECTS/ECVET credits. The advice of the MQRIC may be sought.
4.2 (i) Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements. A Masters qualification at MQF Level 7, or equivalent, must comprise a minimum of 90 ECTS/ECVETS credits or equivalent*).
* A recognized Masters qualification with a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET is only accepted subject to an MFHEA formal Masters recognition statement being submitted with the application.
(ii) Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered. Such candidates are to submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualification in question.
(iii) Furthermore, candidates who are currently following a recognised programme of study at a higher MQF level than that requested above will also be considered. Such candidates are to submit evidence that they have successfully completed the necessary ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent, and attained the required MQF level, by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
4.3 Furthermore, candidates who have not yet formally obtained the qualification specified in paragraphs 4.1 or else as indicated in paragraph 4.2 will still be considered provided that they submit evidence that they are in the final phase of their course leading to such qualification. Appointees must obtain, or be approved, for the award of such qualification by the 31st October, 2022. If this stipulated deadline for the attainment of such qualification is not met, the appointment will be, for this reason, automatically terminated.
- The probation period and progression entitlement (as the case may be) start to count from date of appointment.
- Such appointees will not benefit from any allowances until attainment of, or are approved for the indicated qualification referred to in clause 4.1 or 4.2.
4.4 To determine the comparable level of responsibility of Public Sector employees currently performing duties in the Public Service and RSSL employees to the level of responsibility required of Public Officers applying for this post, the Selection Board should invariably and formally consult the Director/HR Manager responsible for the respective Public Sector entity.
The current arrangement, whereby Public Sector employees performing duties in the Public Service remain on the books of the respective entity, shall continue to apply in the case of Public Sector employees who are selected for the post, subject to the consent of the entity. RSSL employees selected for this post will have their employment with RSSL ipso facto terminated following the successful completion of the probationary period.
4.5 Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of 4.1 to 4.4 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
4.6 Applicants are obliged to immediately inform the Selection Board (if result has not yet been published, in which case the application should be withdrawn by the applicant) or the HR Unit within the issuing ministry / department (if result has been published) upon any change in the status of their appointment from the date of submission of their application until the closing date, or upon being called for appointment as a result, of this call for application, as the case may be. Non-observance of this instruction may lead to disciplinary action. On its part, at the start of the interview, the Selection Board will request the candidate to declare any changes in status of his/her current appointment from the date of submission of application.
4.7 Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MQRIC, or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications (see link below).
Ministry / Department Details
Ministry / Department :
Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs and Trade
Contact Persons :
331, Allied House, St Paul Street , Valletta
Email address :
- In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications.