|View File||Annes A/ Annex A Duties|
|View File||Senior Programme Manager - RAD - MAFA - Mlt|
|View File||Senior Programme Manager - RAD - MAFA - Eng|
Vacancy Brief Description
1. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Animal Rights invites applications for the position of Senior Programme Manager for the Establishment of National Agriculture Research and Innovation Hub in the Rural Affairs Department in the Ministry for Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Animal Rights.
3. The Salary attached to the position of Senior Programme Manager is equivalent to the maximum of Salary Scale 5 less an increment (equivalent to €32,337.33 in 2021), with attainment of maximum of scale on confirmation of appointment after the probationary period of one (1) year or completion of one year service, whichever is the later.
4. The job duties for the position of Senior Programme Manager may be viewed in Annex A attached to this Circular.
5.1 By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- citizens of Malta; or
- citizens of the other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”; or
- in possession of a residence document issued in terms of the “Residence Status of United Kingdom Nationals and their Family Members in Malta in accordance with the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community Regulations”.
The advice of the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs within the Identity Malta Agency should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions.
The appointment of candidates referred to at (b), (c), (d) and (e) above would necessitate the issue of an employment licence in so far as this is required by the Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. Jobsplus should be consulted as necessary on this issue.
- able to communicate in the Maltese and English languages;
- in possession of a recognised Masters' qualification at MQF Level 7 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2008) in Project Management or Agricultural Sciences or Biology or Geography or EU Affairs, plus three (3) years relevant work experience of which one (1) year must be in a management position comparable in scale 8 level or higher in the Public Service. or
- An incumbent in the particular position on a personal basis who has been confirmed in the position.
iv. Public Officers applying for this post must be confirmed in their current appointment.
5.2 Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements.
5.3 Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualifications in question, or successfully completed the necessary ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent, taken as part of a recognised higher MQF level programme of study, as required in the afore-mentioned eligibility criteria, by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
5.4 Applicants must be of conduct which is appropriate to the post applied for (applicants who are already in the Malta Public Service must produce an updated Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47) issued not earlier than one (1) month from date of application; those applying from outside the Service must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application and state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details).
5.5 Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of 5.1 to 5.4 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
5.6 Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MQRIC, or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications (see link below).
Ministry / Department Details
Ministry / Department :
Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Animal Rights
Contact Persons :
Corporate Services Directorate, Government Farm, Ingiered road, Għammieri, Marsa MRS 3303
Email address :
In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications.
Other general provisions concerning call for applications, with particular reference to:
• applicable benefits, conditions and rules/regulations;
• reasonable accommodation for registered persons with disability;
• submission of recognition statements in respect of qualifications;
• publication of the result;
• medical examination;
• the process for the submission of petitions concerning the result;
• access to application forms and related details;
• retention of documents,
may be viewed by accessing the website of the People and Standards Division (https://recruitmentintra.gov.mt/generalprovisions/GeneralProvisionsEN.pdf)