|View File||Annex A - Manager I (Accounting and Finance)|
Vacancy Brief Description
During the probationary/trial period, appointees must successfully complete appropriate induction programmes organised by the Institute for the Public Services to be eligible for confirmation of appointment.
The salary for the post of Manager I (Accounting and Finance) is Salary Scale 10, which in year 2021 is €21,267 per annum, rising by annual increments of €407.67 up to a maximum of €23,713.
A Manager I will progress to Salary Scale 9 (€22,633 x €447.33 - €25,317 in 2021) on completion of two (2) years service as Manager I in Salary Scale 10, subject to satisfactory performance.
A Manager I will progress to Salary Scale 8 (€24,091 x €486.83 - €27,012 in 2021) on completion of five (5) years service as Manager I in Salary Scale 9, subject to satisfactory performance.
A Manager I will progress to Salary Scale 7 (€25,656 x €531.17 - €28,843 in 2021) on completion of three (3) years service as Manager I in Salary Scale 8, subject to satisfactory performance.
Appointees will also be entitled to the payment of an annual performance bonus of up to a maximum of 10% of his/her basic salary, subject to satisfactory performance and subject to Central Administration’s policies in force from time to time.
- Appointees will also be entitled to such other benefits and such other conditions and obligations as stipulated in the Working Conditions for Officers within the Management Stream for Qualified Personnel.
Lateral applications by public officers who already hold an appointment in the same grade being advertised are allowed only if the area of specialisation of the vacancy is different to the one held by the applicant and requires a specific related qualification as an eligibility requirement, which the applicant must satisfy.
- Appointees within the Managerial/Officer/Practitioners streams must have served in their current post, and are to serve in this post, for a minimum of two (2) years before applying laterally. This is not applicable for promotion purposes, subject to the pertinent eligibility criteria.
- All other officers must be confirmed in appointment, and if appointed are to serve in this post for a minimum of two (2) years, before applying laterally. The latter condition is not applicable for promotion purposes.
- citizens of Malta; or
- citizens of other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the ‘Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006’ or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the ‘Family Reunification Regulations, 2007’; or
- in possession of a residence document issued in terms of the “Residence Status of United Kingdom Nationals and their Family Members in Malta in accordance with the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community Regulations”.
- citizens of Malta; or
- able to communicate in the Maltese and English languages. Candidates who do not possess an MQF Level 1 in the Maltese language must attend and be successful in the assessment of the ‘Maltese Language 1’ course, offered by the Institute for the Public Services. Attendance for such course, together with the attainment of MQF Level 1 are to be completed before confirmation of appointment, i.e. within twelve (12) months from engagement.
- (a) in possession of a recognised Bachelor's degree at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent*)
(b) a recognised comparable professional qualification at MQF Level 6
*In the absence of documentary evidence as to the ECTS/ECVET credits or other system of measuring the course content, the selection board is to evaluate the submitted programme of study and determine that is comparable to 60 ECTS/ECVET credits. The advice of the MQRIC may be sought.
Ministry / Department Details
Ministry / Department :
People Management Section, Finance and Administration Directorate, Office of the Prime Minister
Contact Persons :
Ms. Eloise Magro, Ms. Romina Brincat
Auberge de Castille, St. Paul's Street, Valletta
Email address :
In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications.
Other general provisions concerning call for applications, with particular reference to:
• applicable benefits, conditions and rules/regulations;
• reasonable accommodation for registered persons with disability;
• submission of recognition statements in respect of qualifications;
• publication of the result;
• medical examination;
• the process for the submission of petitions concerning the result;
• access to application forms and related details;
• retention of documents,
may be viewed by accessing the website of the People and Standards Division (https://recruitmentintra.gov.mt/generalprovisions/GeneralProvisionsEN.pdf)