|View File||Annex A - Research Analyst (Energy and Land Transport)|
Vacancy Brief Description
1. The Director for Corporate Services, Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs and Trade invites applications for the position of Research Analyst (Energy and Land Transport) in the Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs and Trade.
3.1 The Malta Salary and the Post Adjustment Allowances attached to the position of a Research Analyst is equivalent to the maximum step of Salary Scale 9 less an increment (equivalent to €25,589.67 in 2022), with attainment of maximum of scale on confirmation of appointment after the probationary period of one (1) year or completion of one (1) year service, whichever is the later. In addition the Research Analyst will be granted the benefits provided for in the 'Conditions of Service for Officers Serving Overseas'.
3.2 In cases where the selected candidate is already currently serving in the position of Research Analyst at a salary scale, benefits and allowances that are higher than those established at Section 3.1 above, the applicable compensation upon re-appointment in such exceptional cases shall be the higher applicable salary scale, benefits and allowances.
3.3 For the duration of the Agreement, the Research Analyst shall abide by the 'Conditions of Service for Officers Serving Overseas' (MFA 9/2015; CONDSER June 2015 V1.1) and which may be updated from time to time.
4. The job duties for the position of Research Analyst may be viewed in Annex A attached to this Circular.
5.1 By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- citizens of Malta;
- proficient in the Maltese and English languages. Knowledge of French is considered an asset;
- in possession of a recognised Bachelors qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent*) in areas that would enable them to effectively discharge their duties in the selected area.
* A recognised qualification comparable to 60/180 ECTS/ECVETS credits, as applicable is only accepted subject to an MFHEA formal recognition statement being submitted with the application.
iv. Public officers applying for this position must be confirmed in their current appointment.
5.2 (i) Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements. A Masters qualification at MQF Level 7, or equivalent, must comprise a minimum of 90 ECTS/ECVETS credits or equivalent*.
* A recognised Masters qualification with a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVETS credits is only accepted subject to an MFHEA formal Masters recognition statement being submitted with the application.
(ii) Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered. Such candidates are to submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualification in question.
(iii) Furthermore, candidates who are currently following a recognised programme of study at a higher MQF level than that requested above will also be considered. Such candidates are to submit evidence that they have successfully completed the necessary ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent, and attained the required MQF level, by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
5.3 Applicants must be of conduct which is appropriate to the post applied for. In the case of applicants who are already in the Malta Public Service, the GP 47 is to be requested by HR Unit of the ministry/department issuing the call for application from the Director responsible for HR where applicants are serving, while those applying from outside the Public Service must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application and state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details.
5.4 Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of 5.1 to 5.3 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
5.5 Applicants are obliged to immediately inform the Selection Board (if result has not yet been published, in which case the application should be withdrawn by the applicant) or the HR Unit within the issuing ministry/department (if result has been published) upon any change in the status of their appointment from the date of submission of their application until the closing date, or upon being called for appointment as a result, of this call for application, as the case may be. Non-observance of this instruction may lead to disciplinary action. On its part, at the start of the interview, the Selection Board will request the candidate to declare any changes in status of his/her current appointment from the date of submission of application.
5.6 Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MFHEA recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MFHEA or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications (see link below).
5.7 Applications from a serving Research Analyst at the Permanent Representation of Malta to the European Union in Brussels will only be considered if he/she has served by the closing date of this call for applications a minimum of two (2) years in the current Research Analyst position.
Ministry / Department Details
Ministry / Department :
Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs and Trade
Contact Persons :
Ms Ann Marie Mifsud
331, Allied House, St. Paul Str. Valletta
(+356) 2204 3030
Email address :
- In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications.