Vacancy Brief Description
The Ministry for Education, Sport, Youth, Research and Innovation (MEYR) would like to remind all interested applicants that it has zero tolerance policy towards any form of child abuse. MEYR adheres to S.L. 327.546 (Recruitment, Initial Training and Continous Professional Development of Personnel and Protection of Minors in Compulsory Education Regulations 2016) in its recruitment process.
1. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Education, Sport, Youth, Research and Innovation (MEYR) invites applications for the position of part-time Adult Education Quality Assurance and Accreditation Coordinator in the Ministry for Education, Sport, Youth, Research and Innovation, for a definite period on a part-time basis, as and when required.
3. A part-time Adult Education Quality Assurance and Accreditation Coordinator shall be paid at the rate of €20.00 per hour according to the number of lessons/work assigned plus pro-rata bonuses (mid-year and Christmas) and income supplement. The remuneration is inclusive of preparation, correction, assessment, record-keeping and feedback and meetings with management and contact time in the adult education classes and any other related duties. There is no additional reimbursement for travel to and from the venue.
4. The job duties for the position of part-time Adult Education Quality Assurance and Accreditation Coordinator may be viewed in Annex A attached to this Circular.
5.1. By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- citizens of Malta; or
- citizens of the other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”; or
- in possession of a residence document issued in terms of the “Residence Status of United Kingdom Nationals and their Family Members in Malta in accordance with the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community Regulations”.
The advice of the Citizenship Unit within Community Malta Agency and the Expatriates Unit within Identity Malta Agency should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions.
The appointment of candidates referred to at (b), (c), (d) and (e) above would necessitate the issue of an employment licence in so far as this is required by the Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. Jobsplus should be consulted as necessary on this issue.
(ii) fluent and proficient in the Maltese and English language - verbal and written;
(iii) in possession of a recognized Masters degree at MQF Level 7 (subject to a minimum of 90 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent*) in Business Quality Management or Curriculum Development and Instructional Design or Law or Programme Evaluation and Measurement, or a professional comparable qualification and two (2) years relevant work experience;
(iv) in possession of a recognised Bachelors qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits or equivalent**) in Business Quality Management or Curriculum Development and Instructional Design or Law or Programme Evaluation and Measurement, or a professional comparable qualification and four (4) years relevant work experience.
*A recognised Master's qualification with a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits is only accepted subject to an MFHEA formal Master's recognition statement being submitted with the application.
**A recognised Qualification comparable to 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, as applicable is only accepted subject to an MFHEA formal recognition statement being submitted with the application.
(v) Public Officers applying for this position must be confirmed in their current appointment.
5.2. (i) Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements.
(ii) Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered. Such candidates are to submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualification in question.
(iii) Furthermore, candidates who are currently following a recognised programme of study at a higher MQF level than that requested above will also be considered. Such candidates are to submit evidence that they have successfully completed the necessary ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent, and attained the required MQF level, by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
5.3. Applicants must be of conduct which is appropriate to the post applied for. In the case of applicants who are already in the Malta Public Service, the GP 47 is to be requested by HR Unit of the ministry /department issuing the call for application from the Director responsible for HR where applicants are serving, while those applying from outside the Public Service must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application and state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details.
5.4. Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of 5.1 to 5.3 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
5.5. Applicants are obliged to immediately inform the Selection Board (if result has not yet been published, in which case the application should be withdrawn by the applicant) or the HR Unit within the issuing ministry / department (if result has been published) upon any change in the status of their appointment from the date of submission of their application until the closing date, or upon being called for appointment as a result, of this call for application, as the case may be. Non-observance of this instruction may lead to disciplinary action. On its part, at the start of the interview, the Selection Board will request the candidate to declare any changes in status of his/her current appointment from the date of submission of application.
5.6. Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MFHEA recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MFHEA or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications (see link below).
Ministry / Department Details
Ministry / Department :
Ministry for Education, Sport, Youth, Research and Innovation
Contact Persons :
Great Siege Road,Floriana,VLT2000
Email address :
- In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications.