Vacancy Brief Description
1. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry for the National Heritage, the Arts and Local Government invites applications for the post of Manager I (Procurement) in the Ministry for the National Heritage, the Arts and Local Government.
2.1 This appointment is subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months.
2.2 During the probationary/trial period, appointees must successfully complete appropriate induction programmes organised by the Institute for the Public Services to be eligible for confirmation of appointment.
2.3 The salary for the post of Manager I (Procurement) is Salary Scale 10, which in year 2020 is €20,603 per annum, rising by annual increments of €407.67 up to a maximum of €23,049.
2.4 A Manager I will progress to Salary Scale 9 (€21,933 x €447.33 - €24,617 in 2020) on completion of two (2) years’ service in the grade in Salary Scale 10, subject to satisfactory performance.
2.5 A Manager I will progress to Salary Scale 8 (€23,358 x €486.83 - €26.279 in 2020) on completion of five (5) years’ service in the grade in Salary Scale 9, subject to satisfactory performance.
2.6 A Manager I will progress to Salary Scale 7 (€24,894 x €531.17 - €28,081 in 2020) on completion of three (3) years’ service in the grade in Salary Scale 8, subject to satisfactory performance.
2.7 Selected candidates will also be entitled to the payment of an annual performance bonus of up to a maximum of 10% of his/her basic salary, subject to satisfactory performance and subject to Central Administration’s policies in force from time to time.
2.8 On being appointed, a successful candidate would be requested to renounce to other applications currently in process within the Public Service which is/are pending at the time of this appointment, without prejudice to SAAC calls (including Assistant Directors).
2.9 Lateral applications by public officers who already hold an appointment in the same grade/position being advertised are allowed only if the area of specialisation of the vacancy is different to the one held by the applicant and requires a specific related qualification as an eligibility requirement, which the applicant must satisfy.
- Applicants within the Managerial/Officer/Practitioners streams must have served in their current post, and if appointed are to serve in this post, for a minimum of two (2) years before applying laterally. This is not applicable for promotion purposes, subject to the pertinent eligibility criteria.
- All other officers must be confirmed in appointment, and if appointed are to serve in this post for a minimum of two (2) years, before applying laterally. The latter condition is not applicable for promotion purposes.
2.10 It will not be possible to request a transfer before a two (2) year period from date of appointment. On the lapse of a two (2) year period, appointees may only be transferred at own request to carry out duties elsewhere in the area of Procurement, subject to availability of vacancies and the exigencies of management.
2.11 The result will be valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of publication.
3. The job duties for this post of Manager I (Procurement) may be viewed in Annex A attached to this Circular.
4.1 By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- citizens of Malta; or
- citizens of other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18 (3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”.
The advice of the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs within the Identity Malta Agency should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions.
The appointment of candidates referred to at (b), (c), (d) and (e) above would necessitate the issue of an employment licence in so far as this is required by the Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. Jobsplus should be consulted as necessary on this issue.
- able to communicate in the Maltese language and English language;
- in possession of a recognised Bachelor’s qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2003) in Procurement or Finance or Business or a comparable professional qualification.
Public Officers applying for the post must be confirmed in their current appointment.
4.2 Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements. A Masters qualification at MQF Level 7, or equivalent, must comprise a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVETS credits with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2008.
Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the qualifications as indicated in paragraph 4.1 (iii) will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they have obtained the qualifications in question, or successfully completed the necessary ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, taken as part of a higher recognised MQF level program of study, as required in the afore-mentioned eligibility criteria, by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
4.3 Furthermore, candidates who have not yet formally obtained or have not yet been approved for the qualification specified in paragraph 4.1 (iii) or else as indicated in paragraph 4.2 will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they would obtain or be approved for such qualification by the 31st October, 2020. If selected, such candidates must produce the qualification indicated before appointment. If the deadline is not met, the selected candidates will be disqualified from the result.
4.4 Applicants must be of conduct which is appropriate to the post applied for (applicants who are already in the Malta Public Service must produce an updated Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47) issued not earlier than one (1) month from date of application; those applying from outside the Service must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application and state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details).
4.5 Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of 4.1 to 4.4 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
4.6 Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MQRIC, or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications (see link below).
Ministry / Department Details
|Ministry / Department:||Ministry for National Heritage, the Arts and Local Government / Department for Local Government, Monitoring and Support|
|Contact Person:||Ms. Margaret Bonello|
|Address:||26, Archbishop Street, Il-Belt Valletta VLT 1443|
- In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications