Vacancy Brief Description
- Appointees within the Managerial/Officer/Practitioners streams must have served in their current post, and are to serve in this post, for a minimum of two (2) years before applying laterally. This is not applicable for promotion purposes, subject to the pertinent eligibility criteria.
- All other officers must be confirmed in appointment, and if appointed are to serve in this post for a minimum of two (2) years, before applying laterally. The latter condition is not applicable for promotion purposes.
- citizens of Malta; or
- citizens of other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”; or
- in possession of a residence document issued in terms of the “Residence Status of United Kingdom Nationals and their Family Members in Malta in accordance with the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community Regulations”.
- able to communicate in the Maltese language and English language;
- in possession of a recognized Masters degree at MQF Level 7 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent*) in Project Management or Management Studies or European Studies or Business Administration or Accountancy or Creativity and Innovation or Quality Assurance Management or a recognised comparable professional qualification at MQF Level 7 in Accountancy.
- With five (5) years management experience in Salary Scale 7 or any other management experience that may be considered by the Administration, which experience must be duly sustained with relevant evidence.
- Public Officers applying for this post must be confirmed in their current appointment.
Ministry / Department Details
Ministry / Department :
Ministry for the National Heritage, the Arts and Local Government
Directorate for Strategy and Policy Implementation
Contact Persons :
26, Archbishop Street, il-Belt Valletta
Email address :
In case of conflict in interpretation of any part/s of a call for applications, the final interpretation should be that of the published Maltese version of the call for applications.
Other general provisions concerning call for applications, with particular reference to:
• applicable benefits, conditions and rules/regulations;
• reasonable accommodation for registered persons with disability;
• submission of recognition statements in respect of qualifications;
• publication of the result;
• medical examination;
• the process for the submission of petitions concerning the result;
• access to application forms and related details;
• retention of documents,
may be viewed by accessing the website of the People and Standards Division (https://recruitmentintra.gov.mt/generalprovisions/GeneralProvisionsEN.pdf)